We are the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, uniting 73 national member groups and some 5,000 local activist groups on every continent. With over 2 million members and supporters around the world, we campaign on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues. We challenge the current model of economic and corporate globalization, and promote solutions that will help to create environmentally sustainable and socially just societies.
Our vision is of a peaceful and sustainable world based on societies living in harmony with nature.
We envision a society of interdependent peoples living in dignity, wholeness and fulfilment in which equity and human and peoples’ rights are realized.
This will be a society built upon peoples’ sovereignty and participation. It will be founded on social, economic, gender and environmental justice and be free from all forms of domination and exploitation, such as neoliberalism, corporate globalization, neo-colonialism and militarism.
We believe that our children’s future will be better because of what we do.
- To collectively ensure environmental and social justice, human dignity, and respect for human rights and peoples’ rights so as to secure sustainable societies.
- To halt and reverse environmental degradation and depletion of natural resources, nurture the earth’s ecological and cultural diversity, and secure sustainable livelihoods.
- To secure the empowerment of Indigenous Peoples, local communities, women, groups and individuals, and to ensure public participation in decision- making.
- To bring about transformation towards sustainability and equity between and within societies with creative approaches and solutions.
- To engage in vibrant campaigns, raise awareness, mobilize peoples and build alliances with diverse movements, linking grassroots, national and global struggles.
- To inspire one another and to harness, strengthen and complement each other’s capacities, living the change we wish to see and working together in solidarity.
RRSI Rating: 100NPO#: 168-869Our Mission is to assist as many people as possible to spay and neuter their pets, thereby helping communities put a stop to unwanted litters. There is a large education and cost factor involved and we are in desperate need of funds to subsidise those who cannot afford even basic primary health care for their animals, let alone food or Read more...
RRSI Rating: 100NPO#: 171-026Friends of Free Wildlife is a community-based, public-funded volunteer organisation. It was founded in December 2015 by passionate and qualified wildlife rehabilitators with the best interest of our urban wildlife as a founding mandate. Our vision is to create a well-respected, ethical wildlife rehabilitation centre that provides for the care of urban wildlife: that is, the rescue, rehabilitation and release Read more...
RRSI Rating: 20NPO#: 130-346Beach cleanups run on the first Saturday of every month starting at 10am and last 90 minutes Bags and gloves provided Look out for the blue or green banners on the beach Venues include: Blouberg Beachfront 10am – opposite the KFC, Best Kite Shop, Carluccis and Seli 1 Melkbosstrand 10am – next to the purple hut Tube Wave Sunset Beach Read more...
RRSI Rating: 0NPO#: 038-173We touch more than 500 old people per year throughout the Lowveld in White River, Nelspruit, Hoedspruit, Barberton and Waterval Boven: We are a voluntary organization with the specific aim to provide love, support and emotional care to the aged in our community. We endeavor to make them feel loved, secure and valued. Care Buddies is a section 21 Non-profit Read more...
RRSI Rating: 100NPO#: 086-703The SANParks Honorary Rangers movement has a rich history. The first volunteers were active in the Kruger National Park as early as 1902, where they helped alleviate the workload of full-time rangers. The organization was officially established on 5 May 1964, but functioned informally until 1987 when the Association of Honorary Rangers was formed with 301 founding members. Rules, uniforms, Read more...